And Now a Word From the PTO
PTO Volunteers Needed for Next Year
The PTO is looking for help next year! Please let us know if you are interested in the following. Contact Jodi Figler at email@example.com.
- PTO CoVP - Participates in planning for year by attending a few meetings during the summer, attends Ward events to represent PTO, helps with annual fund drive and other fundraising activities, acts as back-up to PTO Co-Presidents if needed
- Directory Coordinator - Reviews family data prior to printing by removing current 5th graders, adding all new families, and verifying/collecting missing inaccurate data
- Room Parent Coordinator - Recruits Room Parents with flyer and communication through ForWARD, ensures all classes have at least one lead parent, maintains RP list, sends final list to Ward executive secretary, announces RP list in ForWARD, attends first PTO meeting to welcome RPs, sends updates to RPs for dissemination to class parents, sends announcements to RPs as needed.
- Winter Family Event Night - Lead the effort for a small fund raiser for Ward
- Teacher Appreciation - Work closely with Magda Duchnowska in coordinating monthly Teacher Appreciation Breakfasts
- Teacher Raffle - Lead the effort for a spring fundraiser where items are donated by faculty. A "turn-key" program!
- Read-in - Work closely with Julia Johnston-Ketterer in coordinating March event.
- Garden/Beautification - Continue the great work with a longer term plan/design. Work with teachers on curriculum related projects.
Calling All Walkers
The Safe Routes to School Committee of the PTO is launching initiatives to make walking to Ward School easier, safer and more fun in the next school year. To further these initiatives, the PTO is seeking to identify families that walk or want to walk to school to participate in these efforts and, on occasion, help out. Please contact Ellen Waldorf, firstname.lastname@example.org, to get your family involved.