Mystery Dinner Thank You!!!
A big thank you to everyone who helped make the 2013 Mystery Dinner a huge success! The sixth annual Mystery Dinner was once again an evening filled with much enjoyment where friends had a chance to connect and new friends were made. For those of you we missed at this year's event, here is a re-cap of the night's activities:
At 6:00pm over 125 people gathered for the Appetizer Party at the stunning home of Elizabeth & Coleman Benedict. A special thank you to Elizabeth & Coleman for the sensational party that kicked off the evening's festivities and for hosting so many of us in their home. Everyone had a wonderful time socializing and enjoying the live music and the delicious spread of food and beverages. It was hard to leave, but...
It was 8:00pm and time to head to the surprise dinner destinations that were revealed during the Appetizer Party. The themed dinners took place at 10 different Ward School homes. An enormous THANK YOU to the hosts who generously volunteered their homes and took such care to prepare these amazing dinners:
- Oktoberfest: Susan Fabry & Lothar Windels together with Beth Panella & Rob White
- Brazilian Nights: Raquel & Herlen Alencar
- The Best of the South End: Marc & Roberta Laredo together with Deb & Todd Vogel
- An Evening in Paris: Valerie & Jeff Pontiff
- American Bistro: Gail & Eric Fitzgerald together with David & Debbie O'Rourke
- Land & Sea Delights: Cindy & Earl Henry
- Taste of Siberia: Olga & Eugene Demler
- Fall Delights ~ The Best of Seasonal Fare: Claire & Christof Marre together with Aidan & Aiofe O'Dwyer
- Venetian Cicchetti with a Wine Pairing: Jessica Dumphy & Mark Manfredi together with Jen Rugani & Frank Huckabone
- Mediterranean: Erik & Laurel Britt-Webb
After dinner, guests reconvened at the final stop of the evening; the Dessert Party, held at the home of Alexis & Charlie Giannakopoulos. Another special thank you to Alexis & Charlie for a spectacularly fun end to the evening! This part of the evening lasted until well after midnight as people recapped their meals, danced and enjoyed the yummy drinks and desserts, many of which were donated by guests. Thanks to all of you for putting together such an amazing array of fabulous desserts!
And last but not least, special thanks to Jessica Gilmartin for organizing this fantastic event! Having such a generous community makes such a positive impact on our Ward School Community. Thanks to all of you who participated. In the end, it was a wonderful evening for all and almost $6,000 was raised for the Ward School PTO. A great night! The evening's proceeds will help support the many programs funded by the PTO.